Wednesday, January 6, 2010

How do I make my HP printer print in black using the color cartridge?

I ran out of black ink and was wondering if I could instruct the printer to make a similar color of black using the colored ink cartridge?How do I make my HP printer print in black using the color cartridge?
This actually depends on the printer. ( I wish I knew the exact model) If it says out of ink for black and you cannot proceed because the printer screen keeps saying out of ink then you may have to install a new black ink cartridge. Printers are intelligent this days that it won't do anything else unless you address its need. Most printers that are out of black ink and would still print is automatically using the color combination to produce so called black.How do I make my HP printer print in black using the color cartridge?
Most colour cartridges only have 3 colours in them - cyan (aqua), magenta (pink), and yellow. If your black cartridge is separate, the best you can do is to choose to print in another very similar colour which requires mixing of several of the inks. That way, you've got your best bet of getting the darkest colour possible without black ink. Dark brown's always worth a try, as it is a result of mixing all three colours... but really, you're going to need to buy a new black cartridge.
If you use the color cartridge to print black it comes out a dirty brown/green as the colors do not blend perfectly. Most printers will NOT print using just the color, or will ONLY print the color sections.

No comments:

Post a Comment