Wednesday, January 6, 2010

How can I save printer color?

I print a lot on my HP printer, but it seems I am changing color tank and black tank every two month. They both cost a lot. Can I do something to reduce it, or should I buy a new Laser printer?How can I save printer color?
Changing the tank every two months doesnt sound like a lot.


I bet like most people you print a lot of text. It may be cheaper to buy a laser printer. You can get one for $50 today and it's good for about 2,000 pages. Many of them can be refilled for $5-$10.


I own several printers. I have a cheap black laser for the text jobs which I use most often, a higher end color laser for big jobs and an inkjet for photos.How can I save printer color?
Don't print on High Settings. you only need High Settings for Picture quality. For basic text you can print on Low quality.





Also there is an option that on the printer settings of how much ink it should use. you can set that lower.
You can save ink by setting the printer to draft mode when printing on black and white documents.
You could try refilling the cartridges (what, I think, you're calling tanks)yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment