Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Can I use a different number color ink for my printer than indicated?

Ok, I dunno why the ink number for my printer is the most expensive out there. I have an HP PSC 2410 Photosmart All-in-One printer and it takes a 57 tricolor ink and a 56/58 black ink. When i go to buy ink the black is a pretty reasonable $20 or less but the color is like $35 everywhere i go!!





That's really expensive, so I was wondering if I buy a different number color ink (same brand) for my printer, will it fit and work just as well? Or will there be minor/major glitches? Does it really matter if I use a different number than I'm supposed to?Can I use a different number color ink for my printer than indicated?
Generic inks are cheaper and they work too. You may want to consider buying them





If you are buying a different number ink, you need to check if your printer is compatible with it. There is a list of ink cartridges and its compatible printers here http://www.inkjetcartridge101.com/hp-ink鈥?/a>





Can I use a different number color ink for my printer than indicated?
You should check the printer compatibility on the side of any different cartridge numbers you attempt to use.





Basically, inkjet cartridges need to not only ';fit'; but they need to be electrically compatible with the printer as well, as the ink cartridge is not just a box full of ink, but contains the print spray heads and control mechanisms as well (it's why laser printers and/or inkjet refilling is so much more cost-effective for heavy volume printing, you relegate the manufacture of a complex component to being a one-off (or at least not as many times as you refill at least, laser printers need to replace the drum every few ten thousand pages or so usually).

1 comment:

  1. The blog is really informative and i like to share it with my friends.I love to come back on a regular basis, please post more on the subject.
    Your posts are simply fabulous and inspiring . Thanks for the inspiration!


    Printhead911

    ReplyDelete